Our skin influences our sense of wellbeing, and many teens and adults know that acne can be a huge distraction and source of self-consciousness. In Tucson, acne scar and active acne treatments from the providers at Foothills Dermatology & Facial Plastic Surgery can diminish the appearance of blemishes and scars to improve your complexion and enhance your skin.
If you are interested in acne information, Foothills Dermatology & Facial Plastic Surgery is available to help you learn about your treatment options. Call (520) 731-1110 or click here to request a consultation online.
Selecting Acne Treatment
Acne treatments can be used both to diminish active acne and acne scarring for smoother, healthier skin.
- With topical and oral medications, a variety of options can be prescribed that work very well for many of our patients interested in acne treatment.
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a very popular option for acne treatment that uses a combination of a topical treatment and light therapy to target hard to treat acne. This treatment may be combined with medications for some patients.
- For laser acne treatments in Tucson, Arizona, our practice prefers the CO2 laser which can vaporize acne scars, tighten skin and improve your complexion. This technique can produce dramatic results.
- For extractions, our aestheticians can help you stay ahead of acne by clearing clogged pores, blackheads, pimples and comedones.
- With microdermabrasion and chemical peels, our aestheticians can limit oil build up, speed up the exfoliation process and remove damaged skin cells. This procedure may be performed alone or to enhance the results of other acne treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I'm not seeing results with topical and oral medications?
Many patients achieve very satisfactory results with topical and oral medications. For harder to treat acne, some patients combine photodynamic therapy with their medications. Some patients also use skin care products as an adjunct to treatment. During your consultation at Foothills Dermatology & Facial Plastic Surgery, your skin will be evaluated to help you make the right decision.
How does PDT compare to fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing?
Photodynamic therapy treats active acne by destroying the bacteria that cause acne through the action of a chemical agent and light source. The CO2 fractional laser provides a more invasive approach for deep acne and particularly, acne scarring. During your consultation, you can learn more about the type of acne and scarring that you have as well as the appropriate treatment options.